Monday, January 22, 2007

The First Circuit

FOXNews.com - First All-Female U.N. Peacekeeping Force to Deploy to Liberia - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

No, I'm not talking about federal court.

I've recently been reading Prometheus Rising by Robert A. Wilson. I became interested in his work (ironically and sadly enough) on the date of his death. It seemed interesting. At any rate, the very first thing he discusses in this book is the first neurological circuit of the brain, which is the "oral" security circuit, which is imprinted upon the infant. Essentially, it is the part of the brain that controls fight-or-flight and security issues, which is formed and impressed upon by the mother...hence the term "momma's boy" relating to someone who has security issues (as I recall).

I immediately thought of this interesting physiological theory when I read the following: "'Women police are seen to be much less threatening, although they can be just as tough as men. But in a conflict situation, they are more approachable and it makes women and children feel safer,' Seema Dhundia, a unit commander, said recently."

Think about that one.

Anyway, I'm only into chapter 4 of this book, and I am certainly no expert in psychology, but I just thought it an interesting observation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home