Sunday, March 26, 2006

Let us sit and tell sad tales...

Lately, my life has been a bit of a rollercoaster. Upon the urging of family and friends, I had my ex served with papers to establish joint custody in court. No problem there. The lawyer, however, told me that she not be told they're coming in case she decides to (a) refuse the paperwork or (b) do something else that he didn't describe in any detail. He's a professional, so I trusted his judgment. My own instincts, though, were at odds with that, as I still do trust *her* quite a bit, despite being let down.

I can't blame her for taking off. She's now with someone who's much more well of than I am (currently he's 28 and set to be able to retire at 35, of all things). His place is a house with 3500 square feet and a big back yard. Perfect environment (as far as I can assume) for my son to be in. All I have to offer right now is this pigsty of a house, or the old dojo that is in no state to be lived in right now. Had I a spare $5,000, that would be a different story. But it's going to take until July or August to get that much money saved up.

I would like to have a place for my son to stay while he's with me. I don't have that. So I'm hoping that there's a few kind-hearted enough individuals out there willing to make a small donation. We can call it the Ian Fund. (Ian's my son's name). I don't do this lightly. I hate asking anyone for ...anything, actually (part of the reason, as I understood it, why my ex and I split up). But I'm doing it now. He deserves a good environment to stay in, and I'd like to provide him with that.

I have nothing to offer in return except my gratitude. And, of course, karma will be a factor: as you give, so shall you receive (tenfold). Therefore, I put a link to PayPal over on the sidebar. Give as much as you feel fit. I'll keep people updated with how much has been donated. And I'll graciously appreciate every penny I receive. Believe me.

1 Comments:

Blogger xanadian said...

Wow! I just got my first contribution of $3500!! Somebody out there likes me!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home