Friday, October 21, 2005

Whole new levels of stupid

CNN.com - Hospital patient taken to face U.S. marijuana charge - Oct 13, 2005: "The Supreme Court ruled in June that people who smoke marijuana because their doctors recommend it to ease pain can be prosecuted for violating federal drug laws, even in states like California that have laws permitting medical marijuana use."

I find it no wonder that this country is slowly circling the drain. We have forgotten the virtue of mercy. Why do lawmakers think it is THEIR God-given right to know what's best for a medical patient!? Why the fuck do we even have doctors if they cannot do their jobs.

And to essentially torture this guy who was only trying to make his life better is beyond asinine. I have to live with pain daily (though not as bad as this guy I'm sure), so I can completely empathise with him and his situation. As I've said before (in a much, MUCH earlier post), I don't understand why we Americans (as a majority, apparently) are so against marijuana; when there are more destructive things out there than a little whacky terbacky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home