Monday, November 07, 2005

Terrorist, the scapegoat

If any of you understand the concept of "six degrees of separation," you may understand where I'm going here. I can prove to you that the FBI could easily obtain records on me for whatever whim they fancy. The FBI claim to be issuing these "national security letters" (NSLs) for those who may or may not have been connected with terrorists or terrorist activities.

But I am connected to terrorist and terrorist activities. By three degrees of separation. This may sound like I'm reaching, but I'm not. Friends of mine (one degree) have relatives. The husband (two degrees) was one of the key people involved in downing the plane in Pennsylvania, thus stopping those terrorists from reaching their target (three degrees).

I can take this further, but from here on, the exercise is purely academic. These terrorists got their marching orders from their cell leader, or some other leader in the al-Qaeda chain (four degrees), who most likely got the orders from al-Zarqua.. al-Zuqwea... whatever his name is (five degrees) who is the right-hand man for Osama bin Laden (six degrees). I'm sure that chain may be shorter, depending on who knew who.

Let's trace backwards now from the third degree of separation. The FBI could easily want to investigate any other "possible connections" that my friend's brother-in-law had; or other ways he may have come into contact with terrorists. They issue NSLs for my friend's brother-in-law's family. That traces back to my friends, who live just 2 doors down from me. Here comes another round of NSLs. We're just being careful here, you know. You never know what you may find mining all this data. Finally, since I'm neighbors AND friends with these people, they soon will have every single bit of information they can find on me. And they'll store it in some big database somewhere, where it will sit there indefinitely.

If you don't see a problem with this, you need your head examined. There's no due process involved. They just have to establish a link between you and a suspected (or actual) terrorist. And as I've proven, it's not hard.

This leads to terrorists being the scapegoat. "What!?" you say? Yes. They're scapegoats. Rather, they're an excuse for the government to get whatever data they want on us. When the day Big Brother is really known for who he is (Antichrist, whatever you want), there will be no hiding from him. You escape to a friend's house? Big Brother will know of him. That friend leads you elsewhere? Big Brother will know that you're likely to go that way. And so on. For Christians, they understand that means the Antichrist can hunt you down and force you to either take his mark (666), or ... well, or else.

All in the name of "national security."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home