Wednesday, April 05, 2006

What insurance executives are saying... [Post #300!]

Bill requires all to have health insurance - Politics - MSNBC.com

"Oh, goodie goodie goodie!" (rubbing hands together gleefully) $$$$

If they passed that law in Maine ($1000 penalty per year if you're not insured), I'd go with the penalty. To insure MY SON, who is in perfect health, costs $380 per month. That totals up to over $4500 per year. Hmm. $1000....or $4500.... hmm....

You tell me where the incentive lies. I could save $3500 a year by DEFYING the law. That $3500 could go towards doctor visits, immunizations, etc. Gee. Do you THINK I'm going to throw over $4500 a year (I should note that $380 per month with my insurance company--the CHEAPEST in Maine--does NOT cover all expenses) to some fat cat executive so he can get that golden cigarette lighter in his 13th Lexus? No!

I'm sure the lawmakers of Massachusetts have their hearts in the right place...or they have their hands in the wrong cookie jar. Not sure which. I agree every single person should be insured, and/or have FREE (ahem, FREE) access to basic health services (and reduced rates for emergency-type things).

Liberals typically support employer mandates, while conservatives generally back individual responsibility.

“The novelty of what’s happened in this building is that instead of saying, ‘Let’s do neither,’ leaders are saying, ‘Let’s do both,”’ said John McDonough of Health Care for All. “This will have a ripple effect across the country.”


I have an idea...let's do option (c): put responsibility on the INSURANCE companies and the medical industry in general. We hear all the time about the rising cost of health care. Why isn't THIS being fixed? Instead, we're going to put further financial burden on hard-working men and women in this country.

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again: SHENANIGANS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home