Monday, January 29, 2007

Six-word Story, or, I (Sometimes) Like Mysteries

FARK.com: (2569479) Sword-wielding teen killed by police after he kills his mother; local high school yearbook committee says "hey, don't look at us"

I read somewhere that Hemingway was credited for writing a six-word story, and claiming it to be his best work ever. The story goes like this:

For sale: baby shoes, never worn.


Six little words can speak volumes, and encite the imagination to the drama held within.

In this Fark.com thread, there is a link to the alleged perpetrator's Myspace page. It says NOTHING about what was going on in this kid's head before the incident. All there is, are the comments from his friends, before and after the stabbing/slashing/shooting/etc. So you have to guess what was going on with this kid.

But some of the comments give hints that he was starting a downward slide into his own personal Hell.

Hey kiddo! so I want to hear whats going on. I'm so confused. you started to tell me something at lunch that day and then everybody else came over and I was hungry. So TELL ME. I keep hearing shit and I don't know whats going on. I don't like not knowing.

So do you hug random ppl often like that? It was kinda unnexpected. lol

Hello! Don't shut me out and the rest of the world cause that is NOT good for you!


A day or two later, the kid kills his mother, attacks his sister and a foreign-exchange student, and is shot and killed by police (in self-defense).

What was going on? What would have pushed this youth so far that he would, for all intents and purposes, throw his life away like this? This news article can be so easily summed up--at least, for me--in another six-word story:

For sale: graduation gown, never worn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home