Wednesday, September 07, 2005

About my last two rants...

This is the link that leads to the blog in question.

I ranted on the comments to this blog entry. The blog entry itself shows President Bush and cohorts out picnicing ... or something. Now, like many others I'm sure, when I saw this picture, I thought, "Gee, isn't there better things he could be doing with his time, considering what's going on in Louisiana and Mississippi?"

Yes, he could. But, playing devil's advocate here, he does NOT have an easy job, any way you put it. I do not know for a fact if he's taken more "vacations" than other sitting presidents. But I know if I had his job, I'd be amazed if I still had a full head of hair by the end of my first term. Being the President is a thankless job. Period. Even if I don't particularly like him, I can recognize this fact.

Someone commented somewhere on another blog (I think it was Wil Wheaton's blog) that many people seem to be targeting the federal (and, therefore, the Republican-led) government. I think it should be stated that both federal and state governments failed their people.

Okay. This post was much more even-keeled. That's because they have me back on my meds. Wheee....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home