Saturday, September 24, 2005

They must be putting crack in the water there...

Israel launches �crushing� retaliation - Mideast/N. Africa - MSNBC.com

I'm going to refer to three quotes in todays diatribe:

Hamas blamed Israel, claiming it fired missiles into the crowd, and said its rocket attacks were in retaliation. Israel denied involvement, and the Palestinian Authority said Islamic militants
apparently caused the blast themselves by mishandling explosives.

A senior Palestinian security official confirmed Saturday that friction caused a rocket-propelled grenade in a truck to explode, which then ignited about 10 other grenades. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the investigation.


Uh, okay. So event eh Palestinian leadership says it was Hamas' fault for the explosion that caused this chain of events. Are these morons (in Hamas) even aware how stupid they look right now!?

In a nod to Hamas, Abbas reiterated Saturday that elections would be held in January as scheduled and that he would not let outsiders dictate who can participate. Israel has demanded that Hamas be barred.


Would we have allowed England to tell us, "No, you can't have George Washington run for President"? Fuck no. Why should we be expecting the Palestinians to be dictated to?

Hamas identified two of the dead as Nafez Abu Hussein and Rwad Farhad, local field commanders. Several hundred gunmen, some firing into the air, joined a funeral procession for Farhad, who was 17. Farhad's mother, known as Um Nidal, said all three of her sons have been killed in fighting with the Israelis. "I am so proud," she said. "I wish I had more sons to offer."


This is where I say: they must be putting crack in the water there or something. This is a clear indicator what value they put on life. I realize that the vast majority (I hope) of Palestinians, and even Muslims, have a higher value for life; but it should make it clear what kind of an enemy we face. I honestly think that it is people like this that made President Bush, after getting such recommendations to invade Iraq and what other stunts extremists could pull from such a location (etc, etc), say something to the effect of, "I wouldn't put it past them."

And people wonder where stereotypes come from. If people don't want stereotypes applied to them, go to the people they know LIVING the stereotype and tell them to STOP IT!! Police your own people, for fuck's sake!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mutt said...

Wow, that's unbelievable. "I'm so proud" It sounds like crack to me too.

And then you see these mothers wailing and blubbering, yelling and screaming like there aren't cameras pointing at them, when people die.

I must admit I havn't been following the story that closely, but that is an amazing quote.

12:42 AM  
Blogger Mutt said...

I been reading back on your posts, and it makes me nothing but sad.

I so much enjoyed reading your whole 'time isn't a dimension thing' because you wounldn't believe it but I had almost the exact same mental discussion with myself. When I tried to discuss it with other people they were all like 'you're wierd and I don't know what you're talking about therefore you're dumb and stupid'. I hate the people in my class...

To bad I didn't find out about your site until now. I would have so much liked to discuss some of my theories in that area. Your linking them in with memories was certainly interesting.

Damnit! I gotta stop getting distracted, one week left for handing in art assignment...

6:44 AM  
Blogger Mutt said...

One of my theories I wanted to share was that people don't post on here because your ideas are too challenging, this could be a real good blog if I can find some other people I think can handle it.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home