Friday, September 16, 2005

Part of my view on Christianity

Paul, Christianity, Jesus, Marcus Borg -- Beliefnet.com

This is only page three, but I take to heart the very last paragraph here: "...For those who take Jesus and Paul seriously today, they invite us to challenge unjust systems of convention and domination in our time."

Can't put it any plainer than that. How many of our heroes, even in modern history, have defied the "convention" of the times? Care to name a few? I can think of two...and they were both killed, also.

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny C. said...

Very interesting article. I liked it alot.

It makes me think about when the Pharisees asked Jesus what the greatest commandment was, naturally He answered love God with all your heart,soul,mind and body and the second is like it. Love your neighbor as yourself.

Imagine the impact of the Church or possibly just one person if they took these words literally and put them into action.

I think Ghandi did this as well as Mother Teresa, but can't think of alot of others off the top of my head.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home