Sunday, October 23, 2005

"I thought I was living in America."

CNN.com - Officials seize sex offender's baby - Oct 22, 2005

You are. Haven't you noticed? You can kill tons of people, steal their money, threaten the government with terrorist acts...but plead guilty to rape and sodomy and damned if you can ever be a parent.

Now, if the guy was a pedophile, I would support the court's decision to keep the *father* away. But they also took the baby from the mother (who has a history of drug abuse). She gets "visitation" rights.

So. Instead of giving the mother counseling (if she's still on drugs, which the article fails to indicate), let's just destroy a family coz, hey, we're Big Brother, and we can do whatever we damn well feel like.

Anyone remember my post about licensing parents to have kids? I'm telling you, it's coming. I didn't say so in my previous post, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that the government would LOVE to take this next step. Soon they'll not just be issuing licenses to consenting adults, they'll be telling us WHO we can breed with. "Hand Picked by your government!" the tag will say.

Just like in 1984. It's just coming a few decades late, that's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home