Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Treasure

waiterrant.net - Treasure

It baffles me why people SEEM to find it so hard to be civil to one another...especially people they are SUPPOSED to love, cherish and honor...or however those marriage vows go. I wouldn't know. Tried twice to go down that road. The last time, I lost her because I didn't tell her every fucking feeling that was going on in my head; and I couldn't satisfy her. Despite the fact that I did everything I could to treat her like a queen, I ended up feeling unappreciated, frustrated, and--in the end--unloved.

I don't understand why people have to fucking treat other people so horribly. God damn it. I've gone from depressed to furious in a heartbeat. I think about shit like this and I want to go break something. Must be the primal male in me.

I don't know how many of my many readers (all two or three of you) have ever seen the Pixar movie, "The Incredibles;" but at the end, Mr. Incredible has to fight the evil robot alone because "he's not strong enough." It's not about being macho, or about proving himself. He's not strong enough to lose his wife again. Why can't I find someone with whom I could have that close of a bond? And, how ironic is it that these are two fictional animated characters?

I'm smart. I make pretty good money. And I sure the hell ain't ugly. I deserve more.

And, I think the lady in Waiter Rant's article deserves more, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home