Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Behind every great man...

WP: Bill Gates' world of possibility - washingtonpost.com Highlights - MSNBC.com

I remember, back in 'teh day,' when Bill Gates was accumulating massive wealth, but donating any of that money was almost unheard of.

Then along came Melinda.

That is how I remember it, anyway. Whether that's true or not, I cannot say for sure. Bill Gates may have very well been donating a sizable sum to charities before he got married...but that's not the story I recall. As I remember it, sometime after he got married to Melinda, he started to donate a few million to schools...then it became some kind of big thing where billions of dollars went out to various charitable causes.

It's just like the old adage says: behind every great man is a greater woman.

(PS: I think any multi-millionaire or billionaire who contributes THAT much of their wealth should be exempt from most taxes. But that's just me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home