Sunday, June 11, 2006

Three-hour walkabout

After doing some meditating, I felt a bit better...and felt like a small adventure. I heard there's a new Mexican restaurant about 45 minutes from where I live, so I went there first off. And, I'm going to give it a review.

Atmosphere: D. The place was decorated ... somewhat, in a proper Mexican theme, but outside of that, there was no real atmosphere to the place. There wasn't even any music. Rather dull.

Service: C. The server was courteous and prompt enough, but he seemed bored and uninterested. It didn't convey a lot of confidence to me. At least he didn't throw my food on the table like a frisbee or something.

Food: A. It should've been a good tip-off when the server came out and did NOT say, "Be careful, the plate is hot." That is, we haven't had it in an oven for an hour or just in the microwave. You could also tell the tortillas were homemade (the edges were irregular, etc), and the flavor of the food wasn't overstated, nor was it bland. I was quite surprised to find Mexican food of this quality (let alone at all) in the middle of Nowhere, Maine (actually, Mars Hill, Maine).

Value: A. For a filling lunch and a drink, it cost $6.42. For what you got, $6 definitely covers it and thensome.

So if you ever find your way to Mars Hill, look for "Casa de Nada" (which I think means, "House of Nothing"), right on Main Street.

Okay. After stuffing myself on burrito and taco, I took a short walk around the town...then got in the car and roamed the countryside for another 2 hours or so, finally coming home almost three hours after I left. I went places around the County I hadn't seen before (like the back-side of Mars Hill, and I almost went into Canada by accident). The whole time the weather was quite nice (but very cloudy).

Overall, after the meditation and the walkabout, I feel a lot better now. I just hope it lasts for a while.

And now (after the showers pass, that just started) I'm going to take a ride on my bike and get some exercise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home