Thursday, May 17, 2007

I've often wondered...

The Life Purpose Discovery System |

...how many of these self-improvement sites are really nothing more than a regurgitation of what other sites have said. I'm not saying that there isn't truth in what they say (because many times there is), but I can't help but wonder how much is borrowed from others; and that becomes their way to 'success.' Not everyone's way...just some of these sites.

I present to you, for your consideration, this site and this site. Tell me if there aren't any immediate similarities. Now, these are only two sites; not the bulk of them. But it was enough to make me take notice.

Which leads me to my next question: how many of these self-improvement sites bogus? How many of these sites are just shameful copies (or near-copies) of others' work, and you're coughing up $97 $47 for each site?

I know very few people ever read this blog, but I figured I'd throw it out there in the off chance someone has had experience with this. The 12-week life transformation site has free stuff (so does the life purpose site), just so people know--I guess--they're not just out for your money.

Maybe I'm too cynical.

Anyway, that's my thought for the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger lazyboy43 said...

Wow, how this for finding a post long after it's been written?

I checked both your links. One of them doesn't exist anymore. The other.... well... it does, but it makes me wonder.

I'm highly doubtful of any sites that claim, "We can help you have a happier life. BUY OUR PRODUCT, and your products will be solved." That's what the second site said to me. Now mind you, I think it's probably based on some pretty solid self-help principles, buuut... the way it was touted suggests to me that it's a money-grab.

My two cents.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home