Friday, June 08, 2007

THIS IS THE SONG THAT WOULD NOT DIE

Don't get me wrong. I like the song "Xanadu." Srsly. It's also a catchy name. And, it's used in one of the finer works of 19th century poetry. And...AND...I used it in the title of my book.

But come on people!!

Apparently, "The Olivia Project" just released this very year a CD with something like 6 different remixes of Xanadu.

Yes. In 2007. Many of you may remember this post ages ago where I counted the number of songs named--in whole or in part--"Xanadu," and the number of remakes of said 1980's song. I think the count stood at 18. Now, I see we have 6 more versions (actually, 5...their "Millenium Mix" is one I have already heard, so I'm thinking this album is a re-release of older mixes, with some new ones thrown in).

Oh, and did I forget to mention the 1994 Muzak(tm) trumpet version of "Xanadu?" It's ...it's... I don't know what it is. It sounds like Herb Alpert-style music. But it's Xanadu, ffs!

This is only the beginning. If you have Napster, you can do a track search for "Xanadu." There are some in there I've already listed. There are the new ones, done by the Olivia Project. And there are even more here.

I'm telling you, people! It's the song that just won't die! And, it's a crying shame the vast majority of these remixes SUCK!

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE TRYING TO DO TO ME!??!?!

(curls up in corner and sucks thumb)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home