Sunday, February 20, 2005

Daily Status and Song of the Day (2/20/05)

Today gets a "6". In retrospect, yesterday should probably have received a "6", too. Nothing stood out for either of these days, but they were OK and no disasters took place (which is very important). Did some errands, rotted in front of the computer for several hours, stuffed my face with turkey and played with my son. Not a bad day, for sure.

The song of the day (this feature may soon turn into the 'song of the week') is: "Butterflyz" by Alicia Keys. I like the song. Once again, very mellow and very ... well, pretty. It's a good song to listen to while lying on the man-eating couch (that's my couch), watching twilight progress into night. And then falling promptly to sleep (hence why I call my couch the "man-eating couch"). The biggest thing that bothers me is this: isn't it spelled "ButterflIES"? I mean, I know I only got 4th place in my school spelling bee (7th grade), but I think I know how to properly spell the plural for "butterfly." I understand that she is most likely using her "artistic license," which is fine; but there are those that go WAY overboard in mutilating English spelling. These people need to have their artistic licenses revoked.

Oh, and no, there's no link to the song. It could be considered copyright infringement.

Until later...watch out for snakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home