Tuesday, August 23, 2005

An even newer purpose for this blog?

It seems my two recent posts on finding a nudist group/camp/whatever up here in The Sticks (tm) have elicited some responses from my many fans. Well... some fans. Well... maybe as many as I can count on one hand, but that's okay! So, I've wondered if I should spend my time talking about nudity.

No, but seriously. Nudism is something I've begun to feel very strongly about. I went in "the buff" again just recently to get some sun. If you've never done any nude sunbathing, you should. It truly is a feeling of freedom; to have removed all boundaries between yourself and God's creation.

The sad thing is, I kind of have to sneak in my sunning sessions when I know there won't be anybody around, and it's not on a piece of land that is...um...earmarked for nudists, shall I say. Yes. I'm a bad boy.

I *think* I've encountered one other person within an hour of here who appears to be a nudist...but I happened to stumble upon his profile on "LoveHappens.com"... an e-dating service. Can't contact him, because I'd have to cough up money for the right to e-mail him; and I'm not exactly looking for a lover (why was I tooling around on Love Happens? For shits and giggles). All I could do was send a cheesy free "ice breaker". He sent one back. Well. That was nice.

Just thought of something. I could go to my regular Tickle account and do a search for nudists.

I'm sure at this point you are all thinking (or some, maybe; who am I to judge?) that I'm just looking to get my cheap thrills. No. I've found being nude to be something other than erotic, believe it or not. It is freedom. Some people ride motorcycles...others jump from planes. I just let my schlong hang out in the breeze.

To recap: The purpose of this blog is *still* the same: to create intelligent dialogue on various subjects ranging from spirituality to senators. And now nudism. With that having been said, I have a little pop quiz for you! Here are the questions (all 2 of them):

What do you have against nudity (if anything)? And, what would prevent you from going nude in public (you can't answer "because of the law" or anything like that...other reasons not legal in nature)?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck. I don't feel comfortable being nude even in the shower:)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Kurt said...

hmmm. I have nothing against nudity per se, but find it somewhat impractical. The protection offered to the boys by shorts is welcome. Most times in the summer that is all I wear. Socks and shoes for yard work. It's too hot here for much else.
I think that my being nude would also impose on others' comfort zones. I don't believe we should swing our rights like a sword, but instead use them as a shield.
So, I would say courtesy keeps me clothed in public.

2:23 PM  
Blogger xanadian said...

Yup. Nudity in some circumstances is definitely impractical. My biggest lament is that there is so much restriction against it here in the US, and that so many people have issues with it. Apparently. I may be wrong.

Circumstances where nudity is impractical:
1. Any kind of major physical activity. I don't think I could jog in the nude. Too uncomfortable.
2. In public places that require you to sit, such as in a restaurant. Unless you bring a towel or something, it would be considered unsanitary.
3. When it's COLD out. I am in no way going native up here in January. Nuh-uh!

It would just be okay if there were more public places (properly posted to warn the rest of the public) to go in the nude. Instead, most nude places are completely private (i.e., privately owned), and in many cases you have to belong to a club and/or have to pay to get there.

If I could, I would set aside a large tract of land where people COULD go in the buff. No fees to enter, and you could come and go as you wish. Rules would have to be established for courtesy's sake (such as respecting people, picking up your litter, etc); but outside of that, as a guest you'd pretty much have free reign.

But that's just me.

I think my next post might include me putting up a PayPal donation thing. Maybe I can raise the money to do that. yeah. that's a good idea...

... maybe. ;-)

Thanks for the posts!!!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home