Saturday, August 20, 2005

I think I want to be a nudist.

Actually, I consider myself a "closet nudist." The only reason I keep my clothes on is because everyone ELSE in America is so easily offended by the stupidest little things. Several weeks ago I made a blog entry about the Leopold Museum in Vienna; where they allowed (in fact, encouraged with free admission) nudes to wander the museum.

You ain't gonna see that in the US. I guarantee it. Not unless you're in a nudist camp; and that doesn't really qualify as "public" (like a museum).

I was out tanning yesterday (everyone was given the afternoon off), and for the first time tanned in the buff. Outdoors. With nobody around, of course (see hypersensitivity comment above). And I lamented how in this society it was so frowned upon to be naked. God made us this way, for fuck's sake! Who are we to be ashamed of what God has created? In my mind, it is an insult to God. Adam and Eve only became "ashamed" after they ate the fruit from the tree of knowledge, which was the ONE THING they weren't supposed to do. I found that kind of interesting, that humans break God's one law, and they suddenly think nudity is something to be ashamed of. Strange coincidence, that.

So, if I ever make a buttload of money, I think I'll start a nudist camp somewhere. Maybe. Because, then I'd have to deal with all the legal shit of having something like that... oh, I don't know. Or maybe I'll just move to Europe, where it doesn't seem to be such a big deal to be nude.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Let me know when you open, especially if it's Europe!

6:17 PM  
Blogger xanadian said...

Europe... I'd love to move there sometimes. Unfortunately, I'm in Maine. Hi. I'm in ... Maine. Northern Maine. Imagine running naked through the potato fields....... dodging moose... swatting black flies... ;-) Maybe that's why I haven't found a nudist group up here, eh? ;-)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home