Thursday, October 13, 2005

B'tzelem Elohim

What God Made Us Good At - Newsweek Society - MSNBC.com

Update: I see that several people have come to this site because of this blog entry. MSNBC has a link to here. I imagine people come here looking for some kind of sage commentary on the article by the rabbi. Sorry. I have nothing better to say than what the rabbi has already said.

That having been said, though, I should note that part of the reason I write on Why is to explore what does make me happy. I spend a lot of time wondering what my purpose is; and I know for a fact that I have completely forgotten what it is that I actually enjoy doing. So I think about it, and think about it. I still don't have a good answer. The rabbi's article threw this fact into sharp relief, and the realization was rather painful.

The past few posts have had to do with space-type things; and I've been spending a lot of time on American Antigravity. There's no doubt in my mind that being in space would make me ecstatic, but like the rabbi said, being able to do what makes you really happy is like winning the lottery.

Anyway, enough of the "wah wah wah." I will continue to look for that substitute to the dream I lost from when I was a little child. I don't know if I'll ever find anything, though, but you never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home