Saturday, October 01, 2005

Finding a new sales pitch...

Sales have fallen on my recent release, Voyage to Xanadu...not like many have sold anyway. I know why it’s not selling like hotcakes: there’s no publicity. I’m not sure what’s the best way to properly get people to notice my book…

Well, as I think about it, there is a way…

Okay. In the same vein as Save Toby, I hereby announce that if I don’t sell 1,000 books by the end of the year, I will eat… I … will eat…

THIS BIRD!



I don’t want to eat this bird (her name is Delilah by the way). She has been my companion for over eight years. She’s sweet and funny, and I love to hear her whistle and chirp in the morning. But as God is my witness, I will pluck, stuff and roast her if I don’t have 1,000 books sold before December 31, 2005. I’ll have to use the little forks, though. … And eat very, very slowly. She’s small.

Rescue Delilah! Buy my book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mutt said...

A great idea, but that bird does look a tad more edible than a puppy.

Hope it works!

You should do something more extreme that will get media attention, like send one of those terrorism videos (you know the kind, where the guy is masked and he makes threats abuot America) and have the guy say that they are appalled with the content of 'Voyage to Xanadu' and how blasphemous it is. That should pique curiosity

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home