Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pessimist for a day.

Denmark ROCKS!! - Democracy Frontline - Blog

I'm going to be a pessimist for a day. First, my comment on the above article:

"There’s a Fatwa on Danish troops now in Iraq. All over a friggin Cartoon. I only pray God (not Allah) has mercy on these animals. I know I won’t."

The funny thing is this: Christians, Jews and Muslims *ALL* have the same God: the God of Abraham. All three religions can trace its roots all the way back to Abraham. WTF is wrong with people!?

There is one other thing that disturb me about problems people have with Islam, and problems Muslims have with the rest of us. History repeats itself. Need I say more? Ok then. Here comes the Politically Incorrect Statement of the Year.

First, a disclaimer: I do not in any way support or even *like* "certain events" in recent history (cough 1930's Germany cough). However, that being said, as Muslims--the truly radical ones (I don't believe that ALL Muslims are dead-set on jihad, just as Knight Templar said: "But I still have hope because a lot of the younger Turks for instance are in opposition to their parents and don’t give a sh*t about Religion and Islam. They just want to live a western lifestyle.")--continue to grow in numbers in the various Western countries, things will come to a boiling point. Several things can (and maybe will) happen, the worst of which is a new Nazi-like regime that instead of preying on Jewish people will prey on Muslims. This is Armageddon.

I wouldn't be too surprised if there are already a good number of people out there joining neo-Nazi groups with that set in their minds. It would be a sad twist in the history of our planet; especially since, unlike in World War II (the larger part of it), we now have nukes. Both Iran and (of all countries) France have already started the saber-rattling (among others). Mix that with some reactionary "Western" regime and we're f*cked: Islam, Christian, atheist, you name it.

So, the $500,000 question is: how do we avert this? And the million dollar question: CAN it be averted?


Here's my pessimistic statement: the world is fucked. Reading the comments of first the Muslim people (and just the general news on their reaction to some cartoons), then reading (oddly enough) everyone ELSE's comments tells me one thing: Muslims and "Everyone Else" are irreconcilable. President Bush saying "protect the innocent Muslims" after 9/11 may apply to Muslims who no longer hold steadfast the "gospel" of the Koran, but I often wonder if it was just nothing more than a political gesture. I wonder if, in fact, behind closed doors, he's saying the exact same thing I'm saying.

We're fucked. They're fucked. Everyone's fucked. All because of religion. I'm really beginning to understand John Lennon nowadays. I find nothing wrong with believing the words of Jesus Christ, or Moses, Buddha...or even Mohammad when it's relevant. But to kill in the name of someone--in the name of a religion--is going to be the end of humankind.

Period.

Fuckers.

OK, I'm now back to my chipper self.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home