Friday, April 14, 2006

Double standard

CNN.com - Ohioan gets 4 years for sex scam on Amish widower - Apr 13, 2006

So, why is it that the law will help this elderly guy, who was scammed out of $67,000; but they'll completely ignore the scammer who fooled my father PLUS at least 3 or 4 others? Let's look at the bullet points:

* Amount of money. The widower was scammed for $67,000. My father was scammed for over $90,000. The widower gets justice, while my father does not.
* Age. The widower is elderly. My father is elderly.
* Media. The widower was threatened to be exposed (extortion) over the Internet. My father was scammed via an Internet-based business.
* Premise. The widower was involved in what they're calling a "sex scam." My father was a victim of identity theft.

Apparently, the law only cares if it involves extortion and/or sex. How pathetic. I dread to think of what it would take to put the spotlight on my father's story. I don't know what kind of thing(s) he may do if he doesn't get his day in court. I have absolutely no idea.

http://retirednoway.blogspot.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home