Wednesday, August 30, 2006

President Bush sez...

FOXNews.com - Iraq How-to Manual Directed Arab Military Operatives In Afghanistan - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

..."I Told You So."

Well, probably not. But I can feel it coming. I should note that this IS a FOX News exclusive, and FOX News has been ...um... 'accused' of being right-wing biased. Draw your own conclusions here. Or, I can spell it out for you.

You will probably NEVER see this on MSNBC or CNN. What will happen when (or if) history proves President Bush right in his actions in Iraq? Will mainstream media deny it ever happened? Will they perform some kind of journalistic sleight of hand and put a BIGGER story up to divert your attention from their blunder? "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!"

Only time will tell. But I find it amusing that the media STILL harps on how Bush lied about Iraq and why we went in there. Here's the facts that I could find...there's only two, so just deal with it.

1. There were still WMDs in Iraq as of the 2003 invasion. They were just seriously degraded beyond any usefulness as a weapon. This is supposedly based off of Italian intelligence. However, as far as anyone has found, no NEW WMDs were made.
2. The above link to the FOX News article. Still not concrete, though (it explains why in the article).

My point is, more and more news is coming to light (just barely) about just how bad Saddam was (and is). Leaving him in power there, if he was, in fact, helping the Taliban, would have been extremely stupid.

I also find that the more and more I dig through the news, the more I begin to think President Bush isn't the low-watt bulb so many people make him out to be, nor do I think he's doing such a bad job (if a bad job at all). But, why must I come to this conclusion only after DIGGING for information? Why isn't this out in the wide open?

I'll let you all ponder on that for a while.

PS. Good, relevant Bible quote, from Proverbs 18:2. "A fool finds no pleasure in understanding, but delights in airing his own opinions." Since I do find pleasure in understanding, but ALSO delight in airing my opinions, what does that make me? Half a fool? Half an ass? Half-assed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home