Thursday, July 07, 2005

National (laugh) intelligence?

Well, apparently a splinter group of al Qaeda (allegedly) set off four bombs in the London Underground. This had our Department of Homeland Insecurity signal a warning to our large US cities to increase security; however, our national threat level (still the color Mauve I think) is to stay the same, as "...we do not have any intelligence indicating this type of attack is planned in the United States." (Link here)

Uh, huh. I wonder what intelligence Britain had before this happened.

I am now about to have my majorly Politically Incorrect Moment (tm). Only I can have this as I am a self-proclaimed political satirist. Here it is. ahem...

"We should turn the Middle East into one big, giant glassy plain."


I'm sure some of you thought that. Is it right? No, of course not. 99.9% of Muslims aren't terrorists. It's the 0.1% that spoils the bunch. Nobody has a good answer for solving that problem. Although...I do remember this story of how the British handled fighting the Muslims ... back in the 19th century, I believe, in Afghanistan. They'd grease their bullets with pig fat. Allegedly, it would make the Muslim impure when they died, and they'd never get into heaven.

That, of course, is also racial and bigoted. The problem here is, there's no way to solve this problem withouth resorting to some kind of form of racism or bigotry.

And that, my friends, is the nature of evil. Make the Good resort to such measures to combat the Evil, thus making the Good Evil itself. Couldn't have planned it better myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home