Monday, May 23, 2005

Ridiculous!

A long time ago, I had this dream, where an angel took me into the heavens and showed me the end of the world.

Twenty-seven years to the day. To the day!

When I wrote Voyage to Xanadu, I put the date of The Gift (where Henry, the lead character and my alter-ego, receives the plans to an interstellar shuttle in a dream) as May 23, 2005. Today.

Twenty-seven years after that dream when I was a little child.

I, for whatever ridiculous reason, was expecting to get The Gift this morning in my waking dreams. What a delusion of grandeur. I really did know better, but I still hoped; and hope is the wellspring of fools. Especially in this case.

I would literally risk my life to have that kind of an opportunity. But that has passed me now. It probably won't happen to anyone, at least in my lifetime. So what the fuck was I waiting for? Thinking such a fantastic miracle could happen to me was pure foolishness.

And yet, here I sit, moping.

Ridiculous! Someone go get me my meds...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home