Tuesday, August 30, 2005

MOBY HAS A BLOG!!!

pat robertson | moby.com

Here you will find a blog entry regarding "right wing nuts" in the US. I like Moby. I like his music. But I have to categorically rebut a few things he said here (well...in some cases, I inject my opinion as to why I think something is the way it is):

1. "the christian right wing in america are INSANE and, fyi, very dangerous, because currently they are running the country." Uh... there are those of us who are Christian and/or right wing, and they don't support Pat Robertson. And not all of them hate bare breasts on TV, and think Teletubbies are evil (I do, though, just coz they creep me out), and that Harry Potter will turn kids into evil sorcerers. To pidgeonhole all "Christians" and/or "right wing" people is at the very least a narrow-minded thing. Of course, though, we are all guilty of it from time to time, including yours truly. I just don't like seeing people grouped into one bunch like this, even if I'm not right wing.

2. "...and that iraq had wmd's..." Well, they never found anything solid, but there were finds of chemical protection gear (i.e. gas masks, etc) and other "circumstantial" things. I'm sure that the Bush administration went based off of what they had; but I'd wager they read what they wanted to believe into what they found. I wouldn't know for sure, as I'm not an insider. This is all assumptive.

3. "the highest crime and abortion and illiteracy and infant-mortality rates occur in 'red' states that traditionally vote for republicans." Okay, now in regards to "abortions," which leads to sex. I honestly believe that anywhere where there is repression (physical, emotional, political, whatever), it is in the human's nature to confront it. I've seen it in the Navy: you keep these young sailors away from alcohol for so long, many of them go out on benders when they get back to shore. When we went to San Diego, many went to Tijuana; and that made our captain's hair go even grayer. Instead of telling people "no" all the time, explain why something is good or bad, and let them make their decisions. You treat people like they're stupid, they'll be stupid. As for Moby's assertion that the number of abortions are greater in 'red states,' his assertion is based on an actual article in MSNBC.com. I just can't find the damn thing!!!

Okay, that's it for now. I like his blog, though. Until later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Kurt said...

"Okay, now in regards to "abortions," which leads to sex."
Isn't it the sex that leads to abortions? So the sin has already occurred and tying abortion to sex is sort of like the accusers in the Gospel of John who wanted the adultress condemned.
"Woman, where are your accusers? Is there none left?"..."Then I don't either; go and sin no more."
We can tell the reason "why" as much as we want. We can make laws as much as we want. But until an individual is opened to the Spirit by God, it will make no difference.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home