Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Truth in all things...

The Incoherant Ramblings of a Poetic Compulsive: Platforms (and how they hurt my feet)

I quote this particularly accurate piece: (referring to music and ministry styles through artistry, etc) "It’s my firm belief that God can and does use both musical ministry styles for His purposes." Yes. Exactly. But why should God stop there? Why shouldn't God inspire someone who may very well not be a Christian; but instead He gives the artist some kind of insight into His word? Examples of songs I find highly spiritually charged (how many of these artists are Christian, I don't readily know):

"Kyrie" (Mr. Mister)
"I Would Die 4 U" (Prince. I realize it's from a soundtrack, but listen to the lyrics)
"Solsbury Hill" (Peter Gabriel)
"New Day for You" (Basia)

There are others out there, but I cannot remember their titles. The point is this: God will use more than just Christians to talk to us. I've heard things from Buddhists, Muslims, New Agers and pagans that strengthen my faith in God and Jesus. Who are we to restrict God and say what He will and will not use?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home