Friday, February 25, 2005

Weekly Status (2/22/05 to 2/25/05)

Yep. I'm doing WEEKLY entries from here on out, unless something amazing happens. I'll update this blog every Friday (or thereabouts). And I'll include a "song of the week" with my weekly entries, as well.

2/22/05 -- Sure enough, I had absolutely no desire to play "Warcraft" today. Sure, the game's cool, and it has a very slick look...but I'm burned out after yesterday's marathon run (well... 6 hours isn't "marathon", but whatever). If you haven't heard of "World of Warcraft" yet... which rock have YOU been staying under? But seriously...I had the damnedest time trying to find a copy of this game. It sold out over the holidays, and I wasn't able to even think of getting the damned game until late January.

Enough of that. Anyway, I spent today looking for work, playing with my son, and watching the TV.

Today gets a "6" also.

2/23/05 -- My son's grandmother came by to go shopping (she's going to get his mother her birthday present). She got a couple brownies (*awesome* brownies) and the latest Tori Amos CD.

Today was a "6".

2/24/05 -- Today was a "6". Is there an echo in here??

2/25/05 -- I went to see my Vocational Rehab counselor and my job developer (helps me find jobs) today. We talked about which way I was heading in the program. Somehow, radio became a topic. Last August, I had gone through a career exploration workshop (i.e. "What the hell am I gonna do with my life?"). One of the things mentioned in the group that I could do was get into TV or radio. I mentioned this today...and then it hit me. I could do radio! So now my job developer is going to set up a "job shadow" (I get to follow a person/people around at their job to see what it's like) sometime in March. Yay!

It feels good to make a decision on something. Today is getting an "8" (for a change).

NOW FOR THE SONG OF THE ... MOMENT.

"Barrel of a Gun" by Guster. Excellent vocals, especially at the end of the bridge (I'm listening to it now). The lyrics are somewhere between tongue-in-cheek and ... scary. It's about a guy obsessing over a famous star. You figure it out.

AND THE WORD OF THE WEEK!

The word of the week is: MONOTONY (n) 1. Uniformity or lack of variation in pitch, intonation, or inflection. 2. Tedious sameness or repetitiousness: the monotony of daily routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home