Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Was I high? (follow-up to "Am I mad, bad, or both?")

I've been perusing my past entries. If you scroll down a bit... a little more... just a little more... there it is. If you read these two entries, I'm sure you will at least once say to yourself, "Was this guy high?"

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. I'll let the piss-test reveal all. Nyah.

But at any rate, I still stick to a lot of what I said. It was an epiphany, which (for me) is pretty rare. It seemed like a logical (albeit apparently delusional) train of thought. But it could happen. Sh-yeah, and monkeys might fly outta my butt! (owch!)

(reads entry some more) Yep. The first part pretty much hits the nail on the head. The second part (where I start talking about being more Christ-like) will probably get me sent to the nuthouse. And about that Road...

Like I said, I believe in synchronicities. And I believe that God gives us signposts if we're willing to look for them. He also throws these "obstacles" in our path to lead us to our destiny. If we recognize these "obstacles" for what they really are--either signs or opportunities--we tread further down that Road to what we're really supposed to become. If we, instead, look at all the "shit" that happens to us, and think God's just shitting on us (or whatever negative thought process you want to put here), then our lives will suck. Period.

There's a term we used in my business management class (BUA 325): self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe it, it will be. Truth isn't black and white: truth is nothing more than our perception of reality. So if we perceive "reality" to be the Universe out to get us, then that is the truth. Our truth.

Well... not MY truth. I know better now. And that's the heart of my enlightenment some several days ago. It truly is all about perspective. I now see that all the bad things are there to help me grow, not to beat me down. What if we all took a step back and saw the pattern in the chaos that is our past? What would we see? Did we grow when we "took it on the chin" (to use an old cliche')? Or did we wallow in our own self-pity, drowning in a lake of our own tears? What would YOU rather do? Grow, or die? You can't aviod one or the other. You either grow, or you die. Period.

Now, about my "May 22" comment: do I really honestly think I'm going to do just like in my book and go colonize a distant planet? I honestly don't know. I would like to. As sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, I would step over my own mother for such an honor. And, as they say, "truth is stranger than fiction." I have my doubts; but I also believe God has a plan for me. It may NOT be what I wish for, but since when did we ever know what we really wanted? Delusions (or alleged delusions) aside, if I never set foot on a distant world, I won't consider my life a waste; as long as I fulfill the destiny set up for me and actually DO something truly constructive in my life.

How's that for perspective?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home